Wednesday, April 9, 2008

what if? even if...

What if, when one day, you found out that you had falling in love to someone? It is a very nice feeling indeed, but what comes after that is actually not necessary to be something nice. What am I trying to pull out here?

Alright, what if you had fallen in love with your friend? Well, this is actually something that always happens around us. Anyway who will fall in love to someone who is not even a friend? What if you had fallen in love with your close friend? Best friend? What if you had fallen in love with your friend’s friend? What if when he/she is your friend’s boyfriend or girlfriend? What if, if really happen, someone that you not really know well or not close to? What if you had fallen for your classmate? Your course mate maybe? House mate? How about your roommate? (Well, anything can happen.)

Well, when you fallen for someone, what will be the next step? Some prefer to keep it in the heart as a secret, some prefer to show out all their kindness toward the “someone”, and some prefer to tell them how they feel. This next step is always crucial, is either you make it or screw it. This is what I’m talking about here.

Perhaps this is a path that must be taken by everyone. It is something representing how much of courage you have, and how much you like about him/her. But this is where the hardest of all come in. Yes, there had been people crying for it, dying for it, sacrificing for it… although the outcome is nothing you can ever imagine, but people still strive for it. This is something about love that fascinates me. Love really gives people courage, believe, and a strong will to move on.

So what will you choose to do? Keep it in your heart? Show all your kindness to that person? Searching for a chance to express your love to him/her? It’s a hard question that sometimes depends on the situation to answer. People are afraid of choosing the last option, sometimes, because it is really scary. Saying out how much you love him/her without knowing what will be the reaction from him/her. If it is an “ok”, of course it would be nice. But what if it is a “no”? Things can unfold in many ways after a simple “no”. Maybe both of you can still be friends; maybe both of you will still be friends, but there’ll be something different from before; maybe will starts to avoiding each other; maybe it’s the end of the friendship or what-so-ever. For this reason, there will be people who tend to choose the first option, remains silence. Will this make a person suffering? I wonder. As for the second option, normally it will follow by the third one, but sometimes it will just end at the second option forever, as it may integrate with the first option, which means keeping it in your heart and treating the “someone” the best you can.

Thinking back about myself, what had I done so far? Well, I wouldn’t dare to say I fallen in love with a lot of people, for me, love is the word only when two individual are getting together. So, for my own policy, I’ll stick with the word “like”. All the three option actually had been used by me before, I guess. There will be people you like, this is for sure. Sometime for some reason, I’ll just think that “it would be better if things just stay this way”. So for that, first option is chosen, I’ll definitely treat someone I like the best I can, no matter is friends or potential lover, so second option is always in my hand too. As for the last option, well, tried before but things always end up to the worst. It is sad; I wonder why… couldn’t there be a friendship after a rejection? Why things always end up ugly after a separation?

Kind of tired sometime, getting a phobia maybe? People will surely say that I’m still young, giving up so easily? Well, I wonder. I also hope to find the source of my courage, believe and will. But things won’t turn the way you want always. Anyway, so just let things be for the meanwhile. So, how about you? What will you do? What will you choose? How will you decide?

After all the “what if”, let’s just sum things up here.

Even if the future is unknown, people still put hope on it and continue dreaming; even if you might be able to predict the outcome sometime, but you still give it a try and hoping things won’t turn the way you imagined; even if love brings a lot of pain and sorrows along, but people still searching for it day after day; even if things will turn out against us, but we still continue to moving forward…

So, even if I’ll be alone forever, at the very least I’m still able to give my best to people I like. Even if there’s no one there for me to show my kindness, at the very least I do have some good memories of them with me before this. So, don’t hesitate. Just so the best you can and may God bless you all with love.

No comments: