Friday, April 4, 2008

私 vs 誕生日

Birthday? Well, actually it is not really something very meaningful and memorable for me. I wonder why... maybe ever since when I was a kid, I didn't really celebrate birthday like anyone else did. When I was small, maybe a small birthday cake will be there, maybe there'll be a present too. But slowly, cake and present had vanished from my sight, and birthday will end up being another ordinary day of an ordinary life.

Slightly better during secondary school when I meet my buddies now. They celebrate my birthday for me year after year... thanks a lot to all of them. Although I didn't really care about that day, but they still celebrate it for me. Well, at least I can take it as a chance for everyone to come out and have some fun together.

No present, no cake, no birthday wishes... something sad? Maybe, especially for those who always live happily with a "proper" birthday celebration every year (haha...) For me, it's ok without a birthday cake, I don't really enjoy eating it too. It's ok without the birthday present (just who the hell in this world had invented this "theory" stating that you must receive a present during your birthday?) As for the birthday wish, I wonder what's the difference for you to make a wish during your birthday or during any other day in your life? At the end, "birthday" maybe is just something created by people just to earn some extra $$ from you... (really?)

Ironic isn't it? People know that it is just another ordinary day, but still they celebrate it; people know that their wishes will bring no meaning and not necessary will turn to be reality, but still they'll wish for it... maybe we just can't afford to lose our one last hope on the "miracle of birthday". Thinking back the old days... do I really made any birthday wishes before? I guess there are some, but I bet none of them had ever become reality, that's why I'd been starting to giving up on this "miracle"...

Sorry if I brush the bubbles from any of you guys out there. This is just my personal comment, so please keep faith in what you want to believe in. Taking this chance to say Happy Birthday to everyone I know... just in case I forget to wish you during your birthday... so I better wish you all now when i still remember about it. Hehe...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

生日嘛,就当它没什么大不了也好,
就让自己在那一天,渡过个不一样的一天,
一个人,两个人,一群人也好……

看开了,才会发现生日的乐趣。
或许,会有更多的惊喜也说不定?

加油~