Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Legal right?

Finland has made broadband access a legal right for their people

This is a statement that has been in debating recently. Yes, everyone cheers towards Finland’s action for putting this in the parliament and enforcing it in the end. Many friends of mine asked me the same question recently that “when will Malaysia have such right put up?

Well, my answer is just very simple… NEVER!

I’m not just saying this for fun or looking down on over government, indeed I reason this with a few point of view… people in Malaysia didn’t even have the legal right to speak freely, what else do you expect? Yup, anyone who talks bad about government… CAUGHT! Anyone who tells the truth… CAUGHT! Anyone who want to guide Malaysia back to the correct path… CAUGHT! Malaysia should be a nation with freedom, yup, SHOULD BE, by context of the “Perlembagaan”, indeed we were. But things turn out just not as it may seem to be…

I would suggest that the reason why Malaysians are often categorized as “unfriendly” is because we as a Malaysian just want to keep ourselves away from any trouble. We were educated by over government in such way to ignore what you see and mind your own business. Not true? Well, there’s the so call ISA which protect Malaysia from people who try to harm the nation… who decides one individual is he or she harming the nation? Well, I would suggest the government, and in the end the roots of the so called government will be those politicians.

In Malaysia, anything can become a politic issue… so anything will become an issue which can cause harm to the nation… so ISA can just catch anyone with any reason. Don’t think so? Well, Arvil Lavinge and Beyonce want to come and have a concert in Malaysia… this is good in economic aspect, but it is a political issue… they are not allowed to come here because they dressed sexy… who decides that? The politician of course. Come on! Just go and get yourself a newspaper and you will realize really any tiny little thing that happen in Malaysia can also turn into a political issue… even now when I’m writing this, Malaysia government also can just simply suspend my account and close down my site…

Well, is not that I want to create any chaos here. I’m a Malaysian; I love Malaysia, that’s why it hurts when things like these happened right in front of my eyes. Just hope that one day I’ll be able to see a real and healthy Malaysia… sigh… hope the politician can learn from other countries and try to do something good for our nation… for our future… just once would be more than enough…

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Malaysia wil be only healthy when there is nobody in this earth! where ever there are human, there are conflicts!