Sunday, May 5, 2013

5th of May

No, there's no song for 5th of May, but there's a whole lot of emotion coming inside of me. Today will be the day for Malaysia's 13th General Election for our coming state and country parliament candidates,  and I'll be one of them who are going to cast my vote later on.

Honestly, I really have no idea which side to vote for, whether the current government or the opposition. For me, it doesn't really matter, as either side has shown their good and bad, in ends up as a selection of the less evil among the evils, which sound like a little meaningless to me at the very beginning. I have thought of not casting this meaningless vote. But after deeper thoughts, I have decided to proceed to the polling station later to execute my duty as a Malaysian.

This will probably be the first and my last vote for my beloved country, so I have to really make this count. There has been all sorts of news, bad news, regarding this election day. We, the helpless citizen, what can we actually do to stop those evils if things really turn to the worst during the election process, I wonder. I hate politics for my whole life, none of the politicians can be trusted, this is what I managed to learn thus far, but at the same time I do learnt that there are still hope for Malaysia, because we, the Malaysians, doesn't matter you are Chinese, Indian or Malays, share the same feeling of love to our country.

I'm seriously thinking about my future, and I believe I will be able to see it after this election. It doesn't really matter to me who will win in the end, but is the whole process that matters, which will either make my love to my country to grow deeper, or tear my heart apart until I'm totally giving up on her.

1 more hour to go. Finger crossed, sending my prayer and wishes to my beloved country. Be strong, as you have been for the past 55 years, may God gives you strength to sail through the coming waves. Take care and all the best for those who are casting your vote today.

No comments: