Sunday, June 15, 2008

New Laptop?

Well, my sister is desperate in buying a new laptop. And she asked me is my laptop still good in condition or not. Well, my NEC is in fine condition of course. Then she said she’ll buy one laptop, and then she’ll let me use the new one and she take my NEC and use. If I’m not happy with the new laptop, then only I switch it back with her.

So, here’s the detail of the laptop she bought:
COMPAQ Presario V3795TU
RM3099
Intel Core 2 Duo T8300 2.4GHz
14.1’” WXGA HD Widescreen Display
250GB 5400rpm SATA hard drive
2GB DDR2 RAM (Dual Channel)
Intel Graphic Media Accelerator X3100 with shared graphics memory
Super multi 8x DVD+R/RW Double Layer
Intel PRO/Wireless 3945a/b/g 802.11a/b/n
WLAN
Bluetooth
5-in-1 card reader
Webcam
Optical mouse
1GB Pendrive
Laptop bag

Well, I think is worth by looking at the specification and the price. Just hope this baby can last long just like my NEC because I’m a heavy laptop user. It is a free DOS machine, and the installation of Window is actually a damn strange and funny process. You’ll need a floppy disk to get the job done. Weird? Yup. So I bought a external floppy drive, so just in case I need to reformat my laptop next time… anyway, facing some minor problem in installing the driver, some of the driver just don’t allow me to run, saying that “minimum requirement does not met”, I wonder what is that actually. Well, the whole laptop is functioning well so far, so I just put the problem aside first. So just hope that everything goes right and the new laptop can “gradually” belong to me… hehe… miss my NEC a lot… the 15.4” screen is really a cinema entertainment effect… this 14.1” is really… small… alrght, whatever it is, thank you to my sister first. Hope she’ll be fine with my “heavy weight” NEC laptop. Good bye to my dear NEC which has “take good care of me” for such a long time… 2 years in total… just hope everything will slowly goes to the better side.

No comments: